Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
PHILOSOPHY AND ETHOS
The Bridge Partnership Schools actively promote a warm, caring community where all are valued and recognised and there is a strong commitment to welfare and well-being of the children.
This belief is reflected in each individual school motto:
Ashbrook School: "Everyone matters. Everyone is important".
Holmwood School: "Bringing out the best in everyone".
The spiritual aspect of the school environment is central to its philosophy and ethos. Children best learn where there is a strong sense of community; where qualities of truth, tolerance, freedom, peace and love are fostered and sound interpersonal relationships are founded on respect and courtesy for others.
We aim to develop a strong sense of community by following these principles and aims:
- The provision of a happy, secure and relaxed atmosphere where children feel safe, comfortable and valued members of society, where discrimination of any nature is not tolerated;
- The development of warm respectful relationships between children adults and their peers, with an awareness of the rights and opinions of others;
- The provision for children to be independent and taught responsibility for their actions, property and property of others;
- The acceptable standards of conduct and behaviour made clear to children;
- The children’s respect for British moral values and a tolerance and understanding of traditions and cultures which are different from their own;
- The development of children’s responsive, caring and outward looking attitude towards the community;
- The whole staff of the school working in close co-operation to carry out the philosophy of the school, contributing to policy making and sharing the responsibility for its implementation;
- The development of a close liaison between the school, its governors, parents and other agencies within the community to ensure understanding and progression at every level.
The Aims of our Schools
- To create an inclusive culture of achievement, high standards and high expectations, where all children are appropriately supported to achieve their potential
- To promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all of our children.
- To enable all children to sue language and mathematics effectively
- To ensure that all children have equal access to effective teaching and learning in all areas of a rich, broad, balanced curriculum
- To develop sensitivity, friendliness, courtesy and tolerance towards others
- To help children develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and discuss rationally and to acquire knowledge, skills and understanding relevant to a fast changing world
- To be a school dedicated to self-evaluation, ongoing review and continuous improvement
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and our immediate and wider community for the greater benefit of all children’s education.