Ethos, Vision & Values
Ashbrook School actively promotes a warm, caring community where all are valued and recognised and there is a strong commitment to welfare and well-being of the children.
This belief is reflected in our school motto:
Ashbrook School: "Everyone matters. Everyone is important".
Ashbrook's school values are:
Co-operation Working together, helping each other, working as a group.
Respect Shows an awareness of other people’s feelings, wishes and rights.
Caring Displaying kindness and concern for others, being a good friend.
Patience Learning how to wait, why this is important and staying positive!.
Perseverance To keep trying; to keep working even if something is difficult.
Responsibility Showing responsibility to complete an activity/work, take part in something, help to work as part of a group.
Each week the children focus on one of the school values, which are reflected on during Friday's celebration assembly.
Curriculum aims at Ashbrook
Four stars are displayed in all classrooms. They link directly to our four curriculum aims
- successful learners,
- confident individuals,
- effective contributors
- responsible citizens.
When children have demonstrated one of our curriculum aims, they will be asked to move their name onto the relevant star.
Overall Aims of our school
- To create an inclusive culture of achievement, high standards and high expectations, where all children are appropriately supported to achieve their potential
- To promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all of our children.
- To enable all children to use language and mathematics effectively
- To ensure that all children have equal access to effective teaching and learning in all areas of a rich, broad, balanced curriculum
- To develop sensitivity, friendliness, courtesy and tolerance towards others
- To help children develop lively, enquiring minds, the ability to question and discuss rationally and to acquire knowledge, skills and understanding relevant to a fast changing world
- To be a school dedicated to self-evaluation, ongoing review and continuous improvement
- To work in partnership with parents/carers and our immediate and wider community for the greater benefit of all children’s education.
Thinking of our values and aims
Our school values support us in achieving our ambitions. They help us to make great choices with our learning and behaviour.
It feels very special to be a part of our Ashbrook family!
Each week we focus on a particular 'School Value'. Our school values link with the British Values and our PSHE/Jigsaw learning (linked to the IFtL safeguarding curriculum). They help our children to understand other people's feelings, wishes and rights. Assembly time is used to explore our values and learning aims. We celebrate the children's achievements in demonstrating the values on a daily basis with our stars in the jar and class rewards. These are revisited through our 'School Awards' presented every Friday and at the end of each half term.